Next up in the GSMA Mobile 360 series is Mobile 360 – Africa. Read on for the inside scoop on what you can expect from that event including featured topics, speakers and more…
Hi everyone, it’s been a really exciting month for the Content Team, and with Mobile World Congress Shanghai now out of the way, we’re focusing on our Mobile 360 series. Next up in this series is Mobile 360 – Africa which is being held in Cape Town from the 7th-9th October. This event is an interesting one this year as it is a real mishmash of loads of cool mini events, workshops, summits and seminars which will complement the main conference agenda taking place on the 8th and 9th of October. Here’s a peek into what you can expect.
The theme of the event is Accelerating Social & Economic Empowerment. The empowerment thread is something we’re passionate about and we’ve tried to weave throughout each session in the conference agenda with sessions such as The Power to Connect: Providing Access for All; The Power to Discover: Local Content and Digital Literacy; The Power to Borrow, Save and Spend: Building the Mobile Financial Ecosystem; The Power to Innovate: Growing Start-Up Ecosystems & Cultivating Entrepreneurship. These are just a few of the session titles we’ll be bringing to you in October.
We’ve got some great speakers lined up already too. Here’s who’s confirmed so far:
– Sifiso Dabengwa, Executive Director, Group President & CEO, MTN Group
– Jon Fredrik Baksaas, President & CEO, Telenor Group & Chairman, GSMA
– Eric Chinje, CEO, African Media Initiative
– Dr. Jimmy Shindi, CEO of Econet Services, Zimbabwe
– Mr. Kennedy Komba, Senior Advisor for Payment Systems, Central Bank of Tanzania
– Zahir Khoja, Vice President, Global Channels, Mastercard
– Vanu Bose, CEO, Vanu Ltd
– Dr. Wang Jianzhou, Chairman, China Association for Public Companies and former Executive Chairman, China Mobile
– Professor Sonal Shah, Executive Director for the Beeck Centre for Social Impact and Innovation
– Ayo Stuffman, CEO, Vas2Nets
– Adam Lane, Director of Sustainability Programmes, Huawei
– Nadir Khamissa, CEO, Hello Group
– Mike Silber, Board Member, ICANN
– Dawit Bekele, Regional Director for Africa, Internet Society
One of the really exciting new features for this event is Jumpstart @ Mobile 360 – Africa. It’s a new platform within the event to bring together mobile operators and start-ups from across Africa. It includes a thought leadership keynote, a start-up pitch stage with a panel of operator judges and an all important networking drinks reception.
So that’s it from us for this one for the time being, but stay tuned for the next update on our Mobile 360 series!
For more detail on Mobile 360 – Africa, check out the event website here: